As much of the country is battling record breaking cold temperatures we here in southern California have yet to see any sign of winter. So each of us will have different reasons why we would want to live in a house like this. And how does one even begin to describe all the reasons why they would want to live here?
This home is located somewhere in the Hawaiian Islands and is/was for sale. Can you imagine having breakfast, lunch and dinner at this table? Here are just a few reasons why I could very easily move into this home:
- Walls of windows that literally disappear when open. Hawaii has very few bothersome insects so keeping those stackable doors and windows open all day long would be a dream.
- Lack of window treatments on those windows…who needs them? I am assuming the architectural overhang shades the rooms when the sun hits a specific spot. Otherwise, there would be no need to block that view.
- Large areas of green grass are very soothing to me. I can almost smell the cut grass and feel the coolness underfoot just by looking at this picture.
- All that beautiful Koa wood on the window trim and ceilings.
- Who needs artwork on the walls when you have that view?! I am not a particular fan of the Asian influenced art and objets shown but I am sure they are important to the homeowner, which is what artwork is supposed to be!
- Round dining tables are my favorite. In fact, that is what I have in my own home. It makes for much better dinner conversation and, in this case, is a nice contrast to all the sharp angles in the architecture. This table appears to have a built-in lazy susan which makes for fun and easy meals with items accessible to everyone at the table.
How about you….ready to enjoy a bit of aloha in this house?