photo via south shore decorating blog
I have always dreamed of an all white Christmas tree but have never been able to let go of all those tree ornaments that chronicle our life as a family. This may be my last chance because the grandbabies keep coming and with that comes lots of sentimental ornaments that will need to be displayed. If I could I would live here for the holidays.
There is so much about this room that I appreciate. Let’s begin with those amazing windows! Just glad I do not have to clean them. Here are a few other things that make me say “I want to live here”:
- I love the furniture arrangement. In a large room it is important to create several little seating areas and the assortment of chairs, sofa and ottomans creates a spot for anyone to pull up a chair and join the conversation.
- In that furniture arrangement I also love the furniture styles. I prefer clean lines and a mix of metals and the back interest on those chairs is brilliant!
- A neutral color scheme always catches my eye. The dark sofa is necessary in a room with this much volume or everything could look like it was floating but it also offers a nice contrast to the soft colors in the rug and the other upholstered items.
- Three trees!! What a luxury that is. But imagine how silly one little tree would look in front of those fantastic windows. When lit up at night the view of those trees must be magical.
- Check out those simple burlap tree skirts. Faux fur would also be fun.
- Indoor snow. If you have not figured it our already, snow is one of my favorite things on earth. Sadly, it does not snow very often (never) in San Diego so I have to get my fix in other ways and a flocked tree at least lets me pretend.
How about you? Is this a room you could live in?