There is really no need to list the things I love about this room since it is absolutely everything but I will give it a try:
- Let’s begin with those incredible windows and the lack of window treatments. After all, the only “people” looking in are the moose and bears and I am okay with that.
- A neutral color scheme is my favorite and you will notice there is not one ounce of color in this room which is what makes it so relaxing and inviting. That view provides enough color and, I am sure, is ever-changing with the seasons. I can only imagine the breathtaking beauty when covered in snow or fallen leaves.
- A fireplace in the bedroom is certainly a luxury and one I would definitely enjoy. And I like the modern and somewhat industrial appeal of this fireplace.
- If you have a fireplace you have to have a couple of cozy chairs that provide a spot to sit and enjoy that fire. The style of these chairs is perfect and a shared ottoman is one of my favorite design tricks. In fact, I use that idea in my own little family room where two leather chairs share one ottoman. Makes it easy to play footsie with the ones you love.
- Symmetry in design is very important to me so the matching lamps flanking the fireplace, matching chairs, even the placement of the metal studs in the fireplace surround satisfy my need for order.
- Notice that the only pattern in the room is in the rug and that is subtle because of the colors chosen. A beautiful persian rug would have worked just as well but would break up all that calmness and serenity by adding too much color. The real pattern in the room comes from all the textures i.e. the quilted coverlet, chenille upholstery, leather ottoman, interesting table lamp and those faux fur pillow covers.
How about you…could you live here?