While I am drawn to homes in the countryside, I could certainly be forced to live in this beautiful seaside home in the Hamptons designed by Brian Brady.
- Neutral interiors popped with dark wood accents speaks to me. The furniture frames anchor the bright space. Without it the room could appear to be floating.
- A single piece of statement making art is always appealing. This painting of our American flag is subtle and beautiful and speaks to a beach house without being “themey”. (not sure that is a real word??)
- The simple window treatments are one of my favorites. I prefer drapery panels with hidden hardware…just seems to let the treatment itself and, in this case, the view, take center stage without being interrupted by another design feature i.e. drapery rods and rings.
- That view! Large windows allow the view to become the artwork in the space.
- The symmetry of the floor and table lamps and overall furniture arrangement is soothing.
- A mis-matched collection of tables. The easy way to design is to purchase a matching set of tables, lamps etc. But a thoughtful selection of items is much more interesting, don’t you think?
- This room would be just as beautiful without the ceiling light fixture. But I think it adds an elegant and sparky finishing touch and must be breathtaking in the evenings.
How about you? Is this a place you could live in?