What a fun month June is! So much anticipation of the summer months ahead combined with an easy-going schedule makes this a great month. Here are a few things that took place in June that made this decorator very happy
- Family vacay. It is rare when we can get the whole “fam damily” together for a weekend but we succeeded. We rented a large home in Palm Springs and that was the perfect solution. The 118 degree weather was tough but the pool and misters made it bearable and the kids didn’t seem to mind. This picture shows my daughter and son-in-law along with their niece and nephews (my grandbabies) cooking breakfast. I was one happy mom/grandma!
- June gloom was in full swing in San Diego so when the sun did peek out in the afternoon it was energizing.
- Enjoying a quiet afternoon with a cold glass of iced tea, a stack of magazines and plenty of catalogs to peruse. Nothing is better than a staycation in home territory.
- The annual San Diego County Fair. This is always a fun time, especially when I get to see it through the eyes of first time fair- goers like my grandbabies.
- For those of you who have worked with me you already know how important inspiration photos are to your decorator. I encourage anyone who is looking to decorate their home to scour magazines, online sites like Houzz and even model homes to find rooms, items, paint colors etc. that appeal to them. This article illustrates this concept well.
- Seeing the beauty this country has to offer. We just got home from a ten day road trip through Montana, Idaho and Utah and I must say some of the scenery took my breath away. And California wildflowers pale in comparison to those that literally cover the mountainsides in Idaho! I was in floral heaven!
- A surprise visit from my daughter. Since she moved away last year I literally ache for her presence sometimes! I know that sounds silly but I am sure all parents out there can fully understand. After all, she is my only child and I kind of got used to having her around for 29 years even though she has not lived in our home for the past 6 years, at least she lived in the same city. So anytime she cpmes into town for work I am very happy.
- Visiting old friends. As I get older I have come to really appreciate and understand the value of friends who have been with you through thick and thin and are more like family than friends. We are fortunate to have many such friends in our lives and when we get together it is like time has stood still. I miss them already.
- The happiness on my husband’s face as he crossed several activities off of his bucket list on our recent vacation. He was truly like a little boy on Christmas morning as he learned to fly fish, shoot clay pigeons, raft etc. Even a dunk in the very cold water couldn’t dampen his spirits!
- As a lover of Picasso’s talent, these Picassoish pillows make me happy. (maybe not en masse like this….a big spooky..lol)