April showers bring May flowers but what do May showers bring? We had torrential rain in May, very unexpected and somewhat unpleasant. But there are always sunny skies ahead. Here are ten things that made the month of May special to me:
- Those rain showers did not stop these two munchkins from playing outdoors. This pic would make anyone happy!
- Two visits from my daughter. Anytime she is sleeping under our roof, all seems right with the world.
- Disneyland with the grandkids. I have not been to the park in many, many years and it was so fun to experience it once again through the eyes of little ones. It is always magical, no matter what your age!
- Visits from out of town friends. We had a month full of out of town visitors, some we have not seen for over 40 years!
- Maui, Hawaii. Our visit in April extended into May so I am going to add it to this list as well. Just the mention of Maui makes me happy.
- Simple fixes. I have been searching for the perfect set of outdoor porch lights for 4 years now and just could not find something that would work. Enter my magician of a handyman who simply cleaned up and spray painted my existing lights and they are perfect. And the best part is that there is no touch up painting or stucco repair necessary as there would have been with new lights. Makes this girl very happy!
- Breakfast in bed and my daughter in town, nothing could make me happier!
- The first baseball game of the season for us. While our local team, the SD Padres, have long been pretty much the worst team in ALL leagues I do enjoy going to the games and eating a hotdog and watching the planes fly over the beautiful skyline. This game was made even more fun as our friends came down from central California and joined us. After all, everything is better when shared with friends, right?
- Anyone heard of Readers.com? After just spending over $700 for new glasses at the optometrist I visited this site to get an affordable pair of sunglasses I could use to read outdoors. With a 40% off coupon they cost me a total of about $9 including shipping and they arrived within just a couple of days along with another 40% off coupon. Definitely worth a visit and I think they will make you as happy as they made me.
- When back-ordered fabric becomes available!! As many of you know, finding the right fabric for an upholstery project can be a daunting task, made even more so once you find it only to discover it is back-ordered for who knows how long. The opposite feeling to that is when you receive notice that the yardage you need has been made available. This designer is very happy…let’s get this project started!