What an odd little month February is. No real holidays unless you count Valentine’s Day, which my husband does NOT consider a holiday, and a short month stuck between winter and spring. But it happens to be one of my favorite months for no real reason. Here are ten things that happened to me during the short month of February that made me very happy.
- This tongue in cheek design book, Catalog in Living, made me laugh out loud. Available on Amazon, it is well worth the money!
- Taking this little guy to his very first movie. (sorrry..no pic available due to an uncooperative two year old) He was entranced by the big screen and the whole experience was made even more enjoyable by the treats he got…after all, best part of going to the movies is the popcorn and candy…right?
- Time spent with my daughter makes me happier than anything else in the world. She ventured down from her new home in the bay area for work and we were in heaven knowing she was sleeping in the room right below us. Moms…you all know what I mean!
- Scheduling a future trip to Hawaii!!!!!! We will be celebrating 30 years of marriage in April so we are returning to where it all began…Lahaina, Maui, where we were married. We actually returned to the islands every two or three years after we were married but have not been back for 11 years. Other travel and skiing took over our time and travel $ but we now have both and are planning on enjoying every single minute. I could not be happier!
- Minor decorating projects in both my own home and that of friends and clients keeps me busy and in touch with what I love—design. A couple of bigger projects coming up that I will be sure to share as we progress.
- Kate Spade surprise online sales. Do you get these emails? If not, sign up at Kate Spade and you will be able to purchase your favorite items at up to 75% off..truly amazing sales.
- This video is absolutely hilarious and gave me a great laugh! Take a moment and watch it—guaranteed to put a smile on your face!
- The wildflowers are in full bloom in San Diego. What I call “freeway daisies” are everywhere and all the trees are beginning to leaf out and the hills are as green as they have ever been. Thank you weeks and weeks of rain! Just might scratch off something on my bucket list this year and head out to the desert to see the wildflowers. And this pillow from Pottery Barn is the perfect way to bring a bit of the desert wildflowers into your home.
Another unexpected death in our family has shortened this list but, as always, very happy for the health of myself and that of my family. What made you happy in February?