- Rainy days in Southern California. We could sure use it and as an added bonus, it is dumping a ton of snow in the mountains for us skiers!
- Trips to the gym with my husband. We have both always exercised regularly but usually at different times and, for many years, in different gyms. Semi-retirement makes it possible for us to go at the same time and for some reason it is just one of those small things that makes me happy.
- Gotta say it…the fact that the inauguration has taken place and all the marches are over makes me very happy and gives me hope that maybe things will settle down a bit and every single piece of news we see and hear will not be rude or nasty or involve name calling….maybe?
- Mid-week lunch and shopping with girlfriends. This is so cliche, lunching with the ladies, but it is truly one of those luxuries that can really only happen once you are old and retired. We solve the world’s problems over a salad and iced tea. The only problem we have never been able to answer is how can we sit and talk at a table for 3 hours?!
- Freeway daisies blooming in January…heavenly!
- New furniture makes me almost as happy as a new pair of shoes! I just ordered this piece for our living room and, while it is backordered for about 60 days, it will solve both a storage and display space problem we have. Downsizing does require decorative creativity!
- This munchkin who just turned 5 years old! How can that be when I remember so clearly the morning she was born. Grandkids are the best!!!!
- The anticipation of a visit next month from our daughter. I miss her so much it hurts now that she is living ten hours away. But knowing I am going to see her for a whole week in just a few weeks makes this lonely mama very happy!
- A design job well done. A seemingly simple thing like new lighting can turn a once dull stairway into a thing of beauty. We replaced the builder grade flushmount fixture at the top of the stairs with a beautiful Tiffany style light and added sconces to the walls in the stairway, on a dimmer. In the lower left corner you can catch a peek of the new chandelier that replaced an ancient one dripping with dusty old crystals. The whole effect is absolutely gorgeous in person.
- Snow in our local mountains. I know I talk a lot about snow but it is just something I crave and get very excited about. Who would ever guess that this picture was taken in San Bernardino county?!
What made you happy in January?