How do I love thee? Let me count the ways:
- Those windows that literally bring the outdoors in. And that view!
- The sliding barn style door that hides the TV is brilliant. And for once the TV is hung at a comfortable viewing level for everyone in the room.
- Mid-century design in both the architecture and the furnishings. It reminds me of homes in the sixties in Pebble Beach where I grew up.
- A pop of orange, one of my favorite colors.
- An attached screened in porch (hidden on the other side of the fireplace). I have always loved screened in porches and wonder why more homes in southern California do not have them. Yes, we DO have bugs and lizards and other crawly things that can hamper the enjoyment of a summer evening. My bucket list includes a home with a screened in porch some day.
- A raised hearth and modern fireplace. I can easily imagine this same room on a rainy winter evening made so cozy with a fire and some pillows on the hearth.
How about you…could you live here?