- Nothing makes me happier than the fact that this election is OVAH! Enough said!
- Creativity always makes me happy, especially when it comes from my own daughter. Look at this pretty vignette she created in her own kitchen with found items she already had.
- Weekends away with discoveries of new places. Visited Jerome, AZ and what a fun old mining town it is!
- Thanksgiving with new friends and family. Traveled to Austin, TX to spend the holiday with my daughter’s new in-laws and was able to see my favorite Aunt as well.
- Polishing off a bottle of wine and solving the world’s problems with one of my besties (can you have more than one bestie? I hope so) I so enjoy these evenings in her pretty home filled with candlelight, girl talk and wine!
- Stores filled with holiday decorations and familiar music.
- Sirius radio because I can get Christmas music all day long beginning on November 1st and lasting through December. This girl is very happy about that!!
- Wearing long sleeved shirts! San Diego finally had some cool weather that made it possible for all of us to put on those new long-sleeved shirts and sweaters we have purchased this year. Hope it sticks around for awhile. And for those of you who wonder what cool weather means here in southern California…the high today was 69 degrees and the skies were cloudy all day. (I think that is the lyric to a song ie Home on the Range)
- The smell of pine and fir in all the parking lots filled to the brim with Christmas trees. Oh my how I love that smell! I could stand there all day long and soak it all in. Fortunately for me, there are many candles that provide a very believable aroma that makes it possible for me to avoid standing in parking lots into the night.
- This stunning, magical, peaceful, dream-like photo on Instagram. I can’t copy it but here is the link...enjoy.
- It was a good month as I found 11 things that made me happy. Sometimes life in these United States can seem overwhelming and we all just need an escape. That has certainly been the case for me this past month with the never-ending posts on the election, both pro and con. When this happens to you I suggest a visit to this Instagram site and you will be reminded of not only this incredible earth we live on but also that there are a lot of things more important than whether your side won or lost this election. My gift to you is here.
What made you happy in November?