Welcome to the second installment of my “I want to live here” series where I feature rooms that appeal to me so much tha I actually want to live in them.
As the song says, this room features a few of my favorite things–A fire and a Christmas tree, wood paneled shelves, leather furniture, large windows, red plaid and row upon row of books. Combine all these elements and you come up with a beautiful and inviting environment. Other elements that make this room so livable include:
- A mix of design styles with contemporary furnishings anchored by a traditionally styled mirror, for example.
- That acrylic coffee table that literally disappears, allowing a full view of the roaring fire from any angle
- Simple wood bookcases filled to the gills with your favorite reads
- A mix of textures i.e. smooth metal table and furniture legs, wood bookshelves, grainy leather, woven rug atop shiny wood floors
- Colorful pillows and throws that celebrate the season and could easily be switched out for other seasons.
- Thoughtfully chosen decorative items that eliminate clutter including the tree that has not been over-done. Very tasteful!
- Simple fireplace. I am not usually a fan of large, carved wood mantels and fireplace surrounds. The beauty of the black stone set against the high polished metal on this fireplace is stunning!
- A view of snow-laden trees will always capture my attention.
Most everything in this room is available at Williams-Sonoma Home, online and in their retail stores.
Is this a room you could live in?