October…what a great month! Football games, sweaters, crisp evenings and a fire in the fireplace-not to mention the anticipation of upcoming holidays…it truly is one of my favorite months full of happy moments. Not the least of which were:
- Taking our 4 year old granddaughter to see “Disney on Ice”. One of the best parts of being a grandparent is being able to relive all the fun moments you had as a parent and then taking them back home after you have filled them up with lemonade and cotton candy! Ah, sweet revenge…
- Plenty of musical opportunities this month. The San Diego Symphony offers a variety of concerts throughout the season including “The Beatles” and Michael Feinstein. Along with seeing a production of “The Producers”, we enjoyed many October musical evenings.
- Fall leaves. Yes, even San Diego gets some fall color although you do have to hunt for it! This site will help you find those leaves.
- Traveling back in time via music. We attended a concert by The Mersey Beatles and not only was their history interesting (their promoter is John Lennon’s sister) but if you closed your eyes you were 12 years old again and in love with 4 young English men.
- Chargers win!!!!! Hopefully this winning trend will make my happy list next month as well!
- This photo of deer roaming down the road during the middle of the day in Pacific Grove. This is my hometown and this was a daily site I grew up with and it makes me so happy and so homesick at the same time.
- Ebates. Ever heard of it? For those of you who shop online it will make you very happy. Free to sign up and once you do each time you shop online you get whatever rebate that company offers and they mail you a check at the end of the quarter. I am due to receive a check for over $35, even more if I continue to shop. (and those chances are good!) Check it out…always nice to have a company pay me for a change.
- Simple pleasures that have become the norm in our semi-retirement like trips to the gym together and then lunch and errands afterwards. Why are errands so much easier when someone else is along?
- The fact that I cannot figure out something as simple as proper numbering on this d..n wordpress site (hence all the misalignment, duplicate numbering etc) is something that drives me nuts so it does not belong on this blog post!! But switching to bullet points makes me happy!
- Another hometown shot. The monarch butterflies return to the same trees every year in Pacific Grove and it prompts the city to hold a parade, nominate a butterfly queen etc. It is stunning to see, as this picture indicates. The memories certainly make me happy. Maybe this is why orange is one of my favorite colors!
courtesy of Robert Pacelli