Along with January, August is my least favorite month of the year, But after everything that took place at the end of July, August could only get better! Fortunately, there were many happy occasions and happenings that made me happy, not the least of which was, my husband came home from the hospital and is on an amazingly fast road to recovery! I made a point of being aware of my surroundings and those small happy feelings all month long that took place and here are the top ten:
- This sweet girl’s first haircut and how pretty she felt. Ladies, we all know the feeling of a good hair day!
- Fall items in the stores. I am loving the color palette that is available this year in both fashion and home decor. My new favorite is what I am calling tobacco. Mix it with my other new favorite, mustard, and you have a warm and cozy fall look. This sweater has now joined my collection along with these boots. And check out this room—-so inviting!
3. Get well cards. It is amazing how something seemingly so simple can bring such comfort and joy when one is recovering from an illness. We have wonderful and thoughtful friends who sent cards, flowers and gifts of prayer and all were much appreciated and made my entire family happy in August.
4. A fat-free, sugar free vanilla yogurt cone that only has 136 calories makes this girl very happy. Oh yea, it only costs $1! I didn’t think one could beat Costco’s $1.35 sundae but this comes pretty close!! Thank you Ikea
5. My husband driving! After his “ordeal” each little step becomes a milestone. 3 weeks ago we did not know if her would live or, if so, if he would walk etc. so this hurdle jumping makes me deliriously happy.
6. This photo. I love flowers and I love original art so this kind of satisfies both of those. I think it should be turned into fabric or wallpaper. Some people are just so clever!
7. Military bands. Heard the Marine Corps Band over the weekend and I am such a patriot that I always get goose bumps just seeing those young men and women in their uniforms and marvel at their courage and their talent! Does this make me a nerd? If yes, then so be it!
8. New pink shoes
. I am in love with this color for some reason and I am a major shoeaholic so had to add these to my closet that holds more shoes than I care to admit!
9. Hooking up with old friends. How can almost two years go by when we only live ten miles away from each other? So good to catch up on everyone’s lives!
10. The fact that this month there were more than ten things that made me happy!