June is just one of those happy months full of anticipation for the upcoming summer events. I started the summer off with lots of fun June things that made me happy, including:
- Road trips…love them! We headed north to San Luis Obispo to catch a performance of “Mamma Mia” and then headed east to hook up with friends in Phoenix.
- Finding a new design source always makes me happy. While I have not yet used this site it comes highly recommended by another designer who’s opinion I respect so am anxious to give them a try. If you need outdoor cushions or indoor cushions crafted from durable outdoor fabric try this site. Prices are impressive. http://www.cushion.com/chaircushions.aspx
- My daughter danced at the fair for about 12 years so to relive that experience with our granddaughter is priceless. And how cute are these costumes!
- Cinnamon rolls at the fair. I have pretty much eliminated all sugar from my diet but these tasty treats are too good to pass up!! Follow this treat up with the pig races (my fave) and I was one happy girl.
- Sunshine! After a month of May gray here in San Diego the sunshine is certainly welcome. It just seems to energize and also gives me a chance to wear all my new summer clothes!
- Renewing old acquaintances. We visited with out of town friends we have not seen in almost 20 years and had a blast. They are truly the hosts with the most and we look forward to many more fun times!
- Mountain towns. Ever heard of Show Low, Arizona? To be up in the mountains surrounded by evergreens and timber sided houses just removes any stress I might have. I did not see one palm tree!!!!!
- Reliving the wedding. We received the professional photos which allowed us to all sit back and share funny stories of events that took place that entire day. And the fact that this handsome young man flew down from the Bay area to officiate the wedding made it all the better!
- Discovering a new chardonnay….try “Butter”. This may have to replace my current everyday favorite…Cupcake. Let me know what you think. BTW…I do not have wine everyday..I just wish I did. 🙂
- I may have spoken too soon when listing #5. What really makes me happy during these extremely hot days is the fact that we installed air conditioning last year!!