What a fun month this was! Full of friend’s birthdays, gorgeous sunny days, lunch with the girls, new design projects and best of all, my daughter’s bridal shower. How did February make me happy? Let me count the ways:
- Gorgeous and unseasonably warm days have allowed all the freeway daisies to bloom. Everywhere you look there is something blooming from the flowering plums down the street to the ice plant along the highways to the bouganvillea everywhere. Thank you El Nino for stopping the drought and allowing color to return to San Diego!
- All the sweet friends that attended my daughter’s bridal shower—both her friends and mine–and who were so generous with their gifts and their time. It is times like this that I realize how lucky I am.
- Tulips, gerberas, daffodils and hydrangeas galore! This flower loving girl is in heaven every time I walk into the grocery store (which is one of my least favorite things to do, btw, as I am certainly not a cook!)
- My funny and thoughtful and sweet and smart husband of almost 30 years. I always seem to leave him off the list but most of the time he makes me very happy.
- Witnessing first hand the amazing power of good medical care. We all have daily complaints about the health care system in the US, and rightly so, but just like a good jury, you are very glad it works when you need it. Thank you to all the doctors and nurses at the ICU at Scripps Memorial in San Diego–you are truly amazing and made a very difficult time for my family somewhat bearable, which makes me happy.
- A client who sends me updates as they put my design plan to work in their home always makes me happy. Just imagine how good this space will look once the new painting is done, artwork hung, new rug etc. Something as simple as a new entry way light fixture can be so inspiring!
- Short list this month. We experienced a couple of deaths which colored the rest of the month but in the midst of sadness I try very hard to find things that make me happy. It is times like these that we reach for and find happiness in the simple things and, for us, that would be the faces of these smiling babies.
- What made you happy in February? (and why does this system number even when I ask it not to??)