- The fact that I no longer have to worry about back to school makes me very happy. This was always such a contradictory time for me—glad to be back on schedule and ready for the excitement of change but sad that it was back to homework, after school activities, late dinners on the run etc. And it meant my daughter was a year older. I will leave all of that to the young moms of today…been there, done that!
- The final concert in the park on Coronado Island with our favorite little music lover joining us.
- Ending the month with a road trip…woo-hoo!
- Air conditioning. Living 6 miles from the beach and on a hill, we do not often need air conditioning in San Diego but decided to install it last summer because our weather patterns had changed. And every day last week when I walked into my cool and comfortable home I was very happy we made that decision!
- Having my article on apple picking in Julian published in Domino Magazine.
- This email from my daughter “You’re the best. I know I tell you this all the time…but I seriously am so lucky to have a mom like you. You’re not only the best mom but you’re the best friend supporter! Haha …I love you and thank you!” Words every parent hopes to hear at some point in their lives! I am one happy Mom!!
- Stores full of pumpkins from the real ones to scary ones to funny ones. And I especially love the beautiful blown glass pumpkins like those found at the annual Stanford and MIT Glass Lab sales this month. Exquisite! But mostly I love the ones given to me by dear friends who know I enjoy them.
- Good food, good wine and good conversation until late at night with the good friends we visited on our road trip.
- New projects…I always get excited when I get the opportunity to work on a new decorating project. Hours spent searching for the right fabric, furniture or inspiration always makes me happy. I will share more on this project as it progresses.
What made you happy in September?