1. Rain, lots of rain in San Diego.
2. The fact that the rain stopped just in time and on the day I was hosting 55 people for my daughter’s engagement party! But the sun came out and all was well….Happy the Bride the sun shines on–who said that?
2. The fact that the party is over…..my hat is off to event planners everywhere!! I do not know how they do it day in and day out….I was exhausted and forgot many things but as long as there was plenty of beer and wine, and, it appears from the missing bottles in the liquor cabinet, tequila and crown royal, no one noticed.
3. Snow in May! This picture was sent from a friend’s vacation home in Flagstaff Arizona..isn’t it lovely? Can you tell I am still not over the fact that I have not been in my beloved snow for two years now?
4. Friends who love to cook but, more importantly, step in when help is needed without even being asked. Thanks, Kate, indebted to your forever!
4. This person–my only daughter, my only child (and all her smart and talented friends) She is such an amazing young woman, as are her friends, and it actually gives me hope for this country’s future. And, yes, that is me photo bombing in the background.
5. Time spent with dear friends struggling with serious health issues. It is wonderful to witness the miracles modern medicine is able to produce these days and I am selfishly so grateful that we will have him around for a while longer. Makes me happiest of all!
6. The Mad Men finale. While I was not happy to see the show end I do feel it had run it’s course and I loved the way they tied up all the loose ends. The feminist in me loved the success of Joan and Peggy and the lover of all things Don Draper appreciated the fact that he stayed true to the decadent and capitalistic ad exec he was and we are left to believe, found success through his iconic coke commercial.
8. Shopping for upholstery fabric. I could pore over fabric books for hours on end, in person or online. I have a couple of design projects in the works so it gives me a great excuse to look at fabric without having to make any excuses! I will be sure to share some before and afters of my client’s homes once the jobs are completed so you can be inspired!
9. End of school programs. I loved attending these when my own daughter was in school and I so enjoy being able to do it all over again with our Ella Bella. Nothing is cuter than a bunch of 3 year olds trying to stand still on stage and sing a song.
10. Seeing the joy on our friend Ron’s face as he posts pictures of himself after he completed a rim-to-rim hike through the Grand Canyon. And he is 63 years old! While that is certainly not on my bucket list it makes me very happy to see friends enjoy their retirement and start scratching things off of their own bucket list.
What made you happy in the very merry month of May?