1. No words necessary! Who wouldn’t be happy looking at these faces?!
3. Dare I say it again without jinxing it? After rising almost back up to $4 per gallon gas prices are back down below $3.
4. Stepping outside and being “hit” with the scent of honeysuckle.
5. The return of “normal” weather in San Diego. After the hottest March on record and the lack of any sort of winter, springtime appears to be normal. Crisp mornings where the cloud cover burns off by 10:00 a.m. to clear blue skies and chilly evenings. Everything just looks and smells so good!
6. The annual Coronado Garden Show. How lucky am I to live so close to such a beautiful area as Coronado?! My girlfriend and I walk this every year and it is something I always look forward to. What is better than an afternoon with a good friend strolling through beautiful neighborhoods and lunching in a sidewalk cafe? Not much…..
7. Taking care of my husband’s daughter’s dog, Penelope. This little chihuahua has been in our family for 10 years and I never see her so it was a nice surprise to have her for a few days. Definitely made me happy.
8. My granddaughter’s first ballet recital. I spent many, many years attending dance recitals with my own daughter so it brought back so many special memories. I asked her if she was a ballerina and she responded with “Not quite yet, Grandma”. So funny! And so cute!!
9. Being asked to go away for a weekend with our daughter and soon-to-be son-in-law. How nice it is when your adult children want to spend time with you! So we will all be celebrating his birthday in June basking in the sun in Palm Springs. Can’t wait!
10. New patio furniture. I had grown tired of the usual round table and 4 chairs, loveseat and two chair, matching table combo. We traded in a 1/2 acre and three very large decks when we downsized for a small backyard and, since we rarely eat outside at this house but still enjoy entertaining outdoors I opted for a 5 piece “chat set” This includes a large round center table that can be used for casual dining as well as 4 very comfortable chairs that rock on their pedestal. I can’t wait for warm summer evenings spent outdoors with my favorite recipe–a glass of good wine, good friends and great “chats.” This is how it looked when we began the remodel and I will share the new look next month, just in time for summer. Care to stop by for a cocktail?
What made you happy in April of 2015?