1. A home full of birthday flowers. My family and friends certainly know what I enjoy. Roses and sunflowers from my husband, tulips and daffodils from my beloved granddaughter (picked out by her very thoughtful Mom) and, even though my daughter was out of town a giant bouquet of multi-colored gerbera daisies greeted me at the door when I got home on my birthday. She is the best!!
2. Road trip! We took a quick road trip to Phoenix to catch a game or two of the Padres spring training. In spite of the unseasonably warm–nay—HOT weather we had a good time, as always, on the road.
3. Do you remember the childhood song “Make new friends but keep the old…”? My girlfriend and I have been friends since the first day we met in 6th grade. Through all the trials of childhood and the teen years, marriages and divorces, raising kids, losses of loved ones and health issues we remain friends and found the time to meet up, without the distraction of husbands, for a nice long catch-up visit and a trip down memory lane as we drove around a town that just seems so much smaller! Why is that?
4. Re-upholstered dining room chairs. Loved the animal print for many years but was in the mood for something snazzier. What do you think?
5. The power of blogging. A blogger recently moved to San Diego and in reading her posts about their new home I offered up some contacts that were trustworthy, honest, detail-oriented and good at what they do. She ended up hiring my amazing painter. And we have never even met!
6. An ecstatically happy daughter. My one and only daughter got engaged this month and she is over the moon excited to begin this next phase of life. Time to start rolling pennies to pay for this wedding!
7. Photos of my hometown. I grew up in Pacific Grove California and I am so happy when I see a new post on “You know you are from Pacific Grove, California when…” facebook page. Check out this gorgeous shot from Robert Pacelli. There’s no place like home….
8. Signing a contract for the wedding venue (yes, already!) What a relief to know that is taken care of and now we can spend these next several months on fun stuff. Let the party begin!!
9. A new design client. It just seems that as I complete one job another one comes along; just the pace I like. I will keep you posted on the progress and scope of this after our initial meeting next week.
10. I have probably said it before but mid-week lunches with girlfriends are the best. Try to find some time to do this as it can be so rejuvenating and simply good for the soul. Thanks Lisa, Sharon, Sandy and Paula!
So what made you happy in March of 2015?