1. Returning home from a trip to Las Vegas with money in our pocket. You never know!
2. Tulips in the grocery store. Gerberas, daffodils and tulips are my favorite and I am always so undecided about what colors to choose so I usually buy several bunches and mix them all up. Heavenly! And for those who have had their fill of gray, wintery days, nothing brightens up a room than fresh and colorful flowers.
3. An ahmazing Super Bowl game. I am a football fan but unless my team is playing (go Bolts) the Super Bowl usually bores me but this game was so much fun to watch. And Katy Perry rocked halftime, which is usually too loud and busy for my tastes. Couldn’t stop singing for days!
4. Celebrating my girlfriend’s birthday which is Valentine’s Day. She said growing up she always thought everyone was having parties for her birthday….cute. Let’s get real…after 28 years of marriage my husband and I pass on the crowded restaurants and have a much better time spending the evening celebrating a “real” reason i.e. a birthday.
5. A long phone conversation with a friend who moved to Hawaii several years ago. So nice to hear her voice after way too many years of communicating via email.
6. The opening of a new Home Goods Store in our area. This one is located in a fairly upscale area so the hope is that the inventory will reflect that. Always fun to go browse, especially with my daughter. The apple does not fall far from the tree!
7. My precious granddaughter starting her ballet classes. My daughter took dance for 12 years and I loved all the recitals and even just watching the class itself. To see my little Elly Belly in her tutu and ballet slippers twirling (her favorite thing to do) is delightful.
8. Julie Andrews surprise appearance on the Oscar’s show. It actually brought me to tears, not sure why. Sound of Music is one of my absolute all-time favorites and I have always admired her not only for her unbelievable voice but for her enduring marriage and the relationship she has with her daughter (they write children’s books together). What a joy to see her age so beautifully and maintain her unbelievable grace.
9. An early birthday celebration with friends who share the same birthday with me. Lots of wine and laughter but just take a look at this exquisite cake! Those are real flowers from her garden. This woman can do it all!
10. Rain in San Diego and SNOW on the mountains! After missing the ski season for the past two years I am needing my annual “fix” of snow. Maybe seeing it on the distant mountains will be enough. (not)
There you have it. What made you happy in February?