Wow…Pantone did it again and caught us all off guard by announcing this years Color of the Year as…..(wait for it) MARSALA!
This hearty, yet stylish tone is universally appealing and translates easily to fashion, beauty, industrial design, home furnishings and interiors.Leatrice EisemanExecutive Director, Pantone Color Institute®
I, personally, am thrilled with this choice. As everyone in the design industry was expecting to see some shade of blue, I am not a real lover of blue. But I am a BIG lover of red in any shade and this earthy red with a hint of brown will be such fun to use in upcoming interiors. Think about it—it can be combined with many colors to create different looks. For example:
- Navy blue and Marsala will update those traditional interiors and really highlight beautiful wood tones.
- Gorgeous with mustard yellow (my current fave)
- Crisp and modern when combined with shades of gray and will warm up all those metals. Throw in a few men’s suiting fabrics and you have a very masculine den or library.
- Pink grows up when it is placed next to Marsala and that combination will result in a very sophisticated nursery or little girl’s room.
- For a moody look consider a combination of black and marsala with a touch of cream to lighten the mood. Might make a very romantic master bedroom….I’m just sayin’
So what do you think? Was this a good choice and/or how would you use it in your home or project?