As an aging flower child from the seventies I have had a long love affair with baskets. They are a great resource for decorative yet functional storage and add wonderful texture to any style decor. And, while not a fan of plates hung on the wall (with the exception of this eclectic arrangment from West Elm)
I do love an arrangement of baskets hung on the wall. Below are some very stylish examples of baskets used as wall decor:
This wall grouping is the perfect compliment to the bamboo style headboard and traditional side table from Bunny Williams Home.
The ultimate wall grouping, this works because all the baskets are in the same color family and as the other furnishings in the room. You can imagine that a multi-colored arrangment like this would be overwhelming!
A more practical version of a monochromatic grouping.
A colorful wall arrangement that enhances the furniture style and overall color scheme of this room. One of my all-time favorites.
Colorful and very bohemian, this arrangement of baskets is so much more effective in this casual home than a large painting would be.
This appears to be an old tobacco basket but, whatever it is, it is perfectly scaled as an above the bed piece of art. And for those of us who live in earthquake country, soft enough to fall on our heads during a shaker!
How do you feel about baskets as wall decor? Do you share my passion?
June is just one of those happy months full of anticipation for the upcoming summer events. I started the summer off with lots of fun June things that made me happy, including:
- Road trips…love them! We headed north to San Luis Obispo to catch a performance of “Mamma Mia” and then headed east to hook up with friends in Phoenix.
- Finding a new design source always makes me happy. While I have not yet used this site it comes highly recommended by another designer who’s opinion I respect so am anxious to give them a try. If you need outdoor cushions or indoor cushions crafted from durable outdoor fabric try this site. Prices are impressive. http://www.cushion.com/chaircushions.aspx
- My daughter danced at the fair for about 12 years so to relive that experience with our granddaughter is priceless. And how cute are these costumes!
- Cinnamon rolls at the fair. I have pretty much eliminated all sugar from my diet but these tasty treats are too good to pass up!! Follow this treat up with the pig races (my fave) and I was one happy girl.
- Sunshine! After a month of May gray here in San Diego the sunshine is certainly welcome. It just seems to energize and also gives me a chance to wear all my new summer clothes!
- Renewing old acquaintances. We visited with out of town friends we have not seen in almost 20 years and had a blast. They are truly the hosts with the most and we look forward to many more fun times!
- Mountain towns. Ever heard of Show Low, Arizona? To be up in the mountains surrounded by evergreens and timber sided houses just removes any stress I might have. I did not see one palm tree!!!!!
- Reliving the wedding. We received the professional photos which allowed us to all sit back and share funny stories of events that took place that entire day. And the fact that this handsome young man flew down from the Bay area to officiate the wedding made it all the better!
- Discovering a new chardonnay….try “Butter”. This may have to replace my current everyday favorite…Cupcake. Let me know what you think. BTW…I do not have wine everyday..I just wish I did. :)
- I may have spoken too soon when listing #5. What really makes me happy during these extremely hot days is the fact that we installed air conditioning last year!!
Get ready for lots of wedding pics because my daughter’s wedding pretty much occupied the entire month. But there were a few other happy moments that snuck in there as well.
- My love of flowers and bright colors come together in these bridesmaid robes. And that San Diego backdrop ain’t bad either!
2.Few things are cuter than a ring bearer with a paci!
3. Two full weeks of dinners every night with out of town friends who came down for the wedding. And it all began with drinks by the fireside at Dana Inn….best night ever!
4. Watching the father/daughter dance after months of prep by my husband and daughter. A huge success! They broke up the tear-jerker part danced to Heartland’s “I loved her first” with their own rendition of Chuck Berry “That’s what the old folks say” from “Pulp Fiction”. One of the happiest moments of my entire life!!
5. The beginning of Coronado’s summer concert series. If you live in the area, this is a Sunday evening must!
6. Finding the perfect game table chairs for a client’s re-decorating project. Took many tries but I think we did it this time. Made me happy but probably not as happy as it made them.
7. Bingo! Never played as an adult but what a hoot. Not sure if the game or the wine and the company made me happy but who cares..I left smiling. :)
8. Flamingos—just looking at these silly birds will make anyone happy but when they are on top of a wedding cake–perfection!
9. My guilty pleasure…Kid Rock music. Always makes me happy to hear his growly voice!
10. This young woman has made every day of my life for the past 28 years incredibly happy.